How do I lookup employee's next scheduled date and time?

mattshu67

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have one sheet that contains a list of employees and training modules they need to complete. On another sheet, I have a list of the employees and their schedule for the week.

I'd like to make a column on the sheet with training modules that looks up that employee's schedule and gets their next scheduled date and the shift they're working (if they're not working the current day)

Forgive me for not posting an image or an interactable spreadsheet as I thought this was probably simple enough to yield a simple answer that my brain can't wrap around :)

Schedule sheet:
EmployeeSat, 06/26Sun, 06/27Mon, 06/28Tue, 06/29Wed, 06/30Thu, 07/01Fri, 07/02
VAN-MICHAEL JUD11:00am-8:00pm11:00am-8:00pmOFFOFF11:00am-8:00pm11:00am-8:00pmOFF
RICHARD BRIOFFOFF4:00am-1:00pmOFFOFF4:00am-1:00pm4:00am-1:00pm
GREGORY JAC7:00am-4:00pmOFFOFF7:00am-4:00pmOFF7:00am-4:00pmOFF
EUGENE SELOFF10:00pm-7:00am11:00pm-7:00am10:00pm-7:00am10:00pm-7:00am10:00pm-7:00amOFF
BENJAMIN LEV1:00pm-10:00pm1:00pm-10:00pmOFFOFFOFF1:00pm-10:00pm1:00pm-10:00pm

Training Module sheet:
EmployeeItem NameNext Scheduled Date
BENJAMIN LEVControlled Substances Refresher
EUGENE SELAP-09 Intervention
GREGORY JACManager Responsibilities and Policy Refresh
RICHARD BRIAP-09 Intervention
VAN-MICHAEL JUDAP-09 Authorized Employees

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
So what would the answers be for those Employees in the table? so we know what the formula should return

Upvote 0
So what would the answers be for those Employees in the table? so we know what the formula should return
It would be great if I could get the day and time they work in the C column under 'Next Scheduled Date' if that's what you're asking

Upvote 0
It would be great if I could get the day and time they work in the C column under 'Next Scheduled Date' if that's what you're asking
I get that part. I was only trying to be sure what criteria will feature or not. if I take Benjamin Lev for example, since today is 30th June and he is OFF, the answer should be 1st July and 1-10pm, is that correct?

Upvote 0
Cross-posted

(How do I post a simple link that doesn't expand into a (logoed) advertizement for the other web site. <noparse> Link and <Url> both auto convert to a [media] tag. </noparse>)

Upvote 0
I get that part. I was only trying to be sure what criteria will feature or not. if I take Benjamin Lev for example, since today is 30th June and he is OFF, the answer should be 1st July and 1-10pm, is that correct?
Yes please! Someone suggested using a MINIFS() function but I'm having trouble figuring out which references go where

Upvote 0
Also didn't realize cross-posting was against the rules--sorry, just a beginner desperate to understand

Upvote 0
Cross posting isn't against the rules, but when one does, including a link to the other post is courteous. Some sites require that degree of courtesy, others just recommend it.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: How to find next scheduled date of employee
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back