How do I make an excel vba project unviewable that doesnt give an enter password prompt?

JamesU

Hi,

I have been reading forums for a while now, I'm trying to find out how to make my excel vba project unviewable and also not give a password prompt when someone would try to unlock the vba project.

I have read different posts, some people say sharing plus some other steps, another person said use notepad++ and edit a file within the xlsm group of files, however I tried the notepad method and it didn't seem to work for me.

So I guess the first question is this, can we still do this or it only works on early versions of excel?

My second question is that I only know excel vba language from having used spreadsheets for a number of years, how difficult would it be to get my excel vba macros running so they look just like they do when run in excel with the cell values, layout, etc? (I would have loved to have learned a language like C# or visual basic using visual studio however I haven't had the free time over the years to learn it)

There are a few commercial software available which seem to do this, however they are quite expensive and I'm sure there is a reasonably simple method for doing this, ie making the xlsm workbook vba project unviewable with no enter password prompt.

Thankyou in advance,

JamesU

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back