How do I remove the "Delete" option when I right click on sheet tab - HELP HELP HELP

Barryoffshore

Board Regular
When right clicking on the sheet tab, I need to know if it is possible to remove the "Delete" from being an option. My workbook is structured to where if a single sheet is deleted, it screws up all my formulas. I tried to just password protect the workbook, but doing that removes the "Rename" function, which I still need. I need someone who is way smarter than I am to please PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
It probably will work, but I don't know where to put it in at? When I put that into a blank VBA it returns an error. I'm sorry I need so much help

Upvote 0
try

Code:
Sub RemDel
      Application.CommandBars(44).Controls(2).Delete Temporary:=True

End Sub 
</pre>

Upvote 0
well shoot... I'm still doing something wrong :(

I guess I need you to lead me step by step - again, I'm sorry for being so stupid

Upvote 0
VBA Geek,

I'm sure your code works, I'm just not smart enough to know where to put it... If you can give me just a little more guidance, I would really appreciate it. You can email me at E-Mail address removed - Moderator if you'd like. Thank you again for all your help!!!

NOTE - If you need to give someone your e-mail address, you can use the secure PM option - Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hi,

If you password protect the "Workbook" the user can still make changes to the sheet. But they can not delete the sheets.

Upvote 0
CharlesH,

THANK YOU for your input... I need to be able to change the names of the sheet tabs, and if I protect the workbook, that feature is then disabled. If there is a way to protect the Workbook and keep the "Rename" feature operational then that would be great!!!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Tanks for letting me know. As to the answer Geek supplied.
You can place in the "This workbook" module.
I think this will disable the "Delete function when you open the work book.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back