How do I return only the rows of a filtered table into a new list???

mtaylor7

I have been struggling with this problem for a long time and it seems like it should be so simple and easy, it is making me extremely frustrated. Here is what is going on:

I have a list of projects that are in different phases (Planning, Complete, Executing, Cancelled, etc). I have a table that is filtering just the projects that are in the phase "Executing". out of the 300 total projects, only 18 of them are in the Executing phase. I want to now create a list that will dynamically pull from this table ONLY the projects that are listed as executing. the reason? I am making a calendar that highlights cells based on the dates that the projects need to be executed in, and I want to have the calendar be right next to the list of projects, but i have one that is filtered out of cell 8 and one that is filtered out of cell 267 and i cant have the calendar be 300 cells tall... I hope this makes sense at all. I Just want to simply return the filtered results of my table, skipping all of the hidden cells and putting it them into a new place, having it update automatically (like when using =offset). Please Help!!!!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Welcome to the Board!

Why not use a Pivot Table? You can put Phase in the Filter field and only display the Executed projects.

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back