How do I run VBA over a LAN network?

mrdoob

My coworkers and I decided it would be funny to write a macro that would open the disc trays of all the computers on pur LAN network. We figured out how to open the disk tray on the local computer, but how can we make the other computers do it by running VBA from only one computer?

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Perhaps no one else thinks it's funny.

Reactions: shg
Upvote 0
Overzealous bumping can also turn a lot of people off (often can be a signal that the person asking may be impatient or demanding, and people like that often can be difficult to work with). We usually recommend that people wait one day before bumping, and only bump once a day.

Upvote 0
I also see it as
"We figured out how to open the disk tray on the local computer, but how can we make the other computers do it by running VBA from only one computer"
could be

"We also have some malicious code we want to deploy over the LAN, but don't know how to do it. So we're asking about this harmless prank as a foot in the door"

Upvote 0
I also see it as
"We figured out how to open the disk tray on the local computer, but how can we make the other computers do it by running VBA from only one computer"
could be

"We also have some malicious code we want to deploy over the LAN, but don't know how to do it. So we're asking about this harmless prank as a foot in the door"

Well, I'm sorry that you see it that way. If you like I can show you the code that we are using to open the local disk tray.

Upvote 0
There is a pranks forum here somewhere where you are more likely to get a response.

Deploying a piece of software like that would get you walked out the door by a security guard at most major companies -- probably accompanied by the grateful cheers of your former coworkers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back