How do I save only certain data from a download into a one drive file

ghrek

First of all ive posted here as I need a quick answer and thats why posted on 2 forums,

I have a excel workbook that I have saved to one drive so numerous people can have open at same time.

I download data daily into a seperate workbook and then I want to merge it into the original workbook on one drive. This is where the problem is I don’t need it to copy over data that is NOT in the one drive file and is previous dates data.

Let’s say tomorrow I download data for all March and April and there is old and new data in the download. I need it to look in the one drive file and see if there any data not in there but in the download. This I don’t need copying and pasting over. There will be new data from the past 7 days in download and I do want this copying to the one drive

can that be done?

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
First of all ive posted here as I need a quick answer.... can that be done?

Quick answer: yes, it can be done.

Can it be done quickly? I don't know how you define 'quickly', but probably not. You want to open the OneDrive file and compare the data there to the data in your downloaded file. That usually involves navigating the structure of both workbooks to perform a meaningful comparison in order to make a determination if the data is already there or not. Then merge the new data into the OneDrive file at some worksheet location. Automating that kind of parsing and merging is a moderately complex undertaking, the exact amount of effort being dependent in a large degree on whatever project-specific requirements there are. I suspect it will require the investment of some non-trivial amount of coding hours.

Upvote 0
I just realised that the issue may not be as probermatic as I thought but dont know where to start.

In the file on the one drive the data that I have used will not be there in a particular row in columns A-D. Therefore when I download the new file in a seperate workbook I just need it to comapare data in columns A-D and if the row has no data in it then I need that row deleting from the new workbook.

Any ideas? Possibly a macro?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back