How do I stop this panel from appearing every time I open Excel

byte_me

Hi,
I have Microsoft Office 2015. Every time I open the Excel application I get a panel which states: "There was a problem sending the command to the program" I then have to click on the OK button and then have a second try at opening my Excel file. This doesn't happen with any of the other applications on my Microsoft Office 2015 - just Excel. Can someone please tell my how I can correct this problem.

Thank you for your time.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Have you tried to repair Office from the Control Panel->Programs and Features->Microsoft Office 2015->Change... and the option to repair should come up. It's a harmless process and fixes a lot of stuff.

Upvote 0
Have you tried to repair Office from the Control Panel->Programs and Features->Microsoft Office 2015->Change... and the option to repair should come up. It's a harmless process and fixes a lot of stuff.
This didn't help. All that I got by going via the Control Panel was an option to uninstall. I did that and reinstalled Microsoft Office. Same problem.

Upvote 0
1623568328237.png

Upvote 0
Is there anything funky in your Personal XLSB. You may want to delete it and let it recreate itself...

Upvote 0
You may want to Google "Excel Personal XLSB"

Upvote 0
You may want to Google "Excel Personal XLSB"
Reinstalling my Microsoft Office didn't seem to help because the same problems kept re-emerging. Things got worse and Microsoft Office ended up shutting down completely. I decided to use restore points and took my machine back a year. Then I reinstalled my Microsoft Office again. It "seems" to have worked for now. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that whatever plagued my system doesn't come back.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update, I am glad you solved your problem. I am sorry that your machine and is now a year younger and I am sorry that I was not able to help you any better.

Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestresearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back