How do you add two tables to a form in access

acura123

Board Regular
I have created a form in access that uses two tables [personal Information ] and [Finacial Information], however the form only gets information from the one or the other form. I have the two tables related by AUTO ID.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi acura123,

If you have one to one relation between these 2 tables then it is easy. Just create a query by using these two tables (and of course relate by AUTO_ID if it doesn't seem linked in Query view) then insert all fields that you need to show on the form from these tables and save the Query. And now you can use this Query as the DataSource of your form.

If there are more than one record in Financial Information table for each Personal Information table record (one to many) (I don't think so, I think you just seperated tables to store one to one records) then you need to create a subform by using Financial Information table and save it. Then insert this subform into your main form by using "subform" command in controls toolbar. Access will ask you about the link field then just let Access to find it, because it will already show you the related field name as a link suggestion between main and child (subform) forms (assuming fields are already linked in Relations).

If you have data for a Personal Information table record but it has not to be an correspoding record in Financial Information table, then Query suggestion won't work, so you should still use the second method.

BTW : I don't think so but if Auto_ID is Autonumber for BOTH table, then it means you are big trouble.

I hope this helps.
Suat

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back