How do you do multiple overlays on a clustered column bar graph?

clemoullac

I'm working on a sales volume graph that tries to show four different series plotted over 24 months from Jan15-Dec-16: Actual (Gross), Actual (Net of returned goods), 2016 budget (gross), 2016 budget (net of returned goods).

My goal is to show gross and net numbers on the same bar but separated for actual versus budget. I was able to overlap the gross and net numbers for the 2015 actual volume and for the 2016 budgeted volume by formatting the data series to 100% overlap. However, in January 2016 all of the data (actual gross/net and budget gross/net) shows on one overlapped bar. I tried to insert a picture of what my graph looks like now, but this is my first time posting on this forum (I tried insert picture but couldn't find the URL), so apologies for being a newbie.

Is it possible to show two overlapped bars (Actual and Plan) next to each other for January 2016. I've tried using a secondary axis as well but no luck.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back