How should I tackle this problem?

Zachary902

Hey so I just wanted to see what the opinions are on how I should tackle the probelm I am trying to solve.

Below is what my table looks like and I need to paste in a number to its corripsonding cell. The program should find out what the crop is (found on another worksheet) and then find out what the month it is (also on another worksheet) and put it into the respective cell. Thats the bulk of my problem right now.

I was thinking about using a case statments as i actully have 38 different crop types and obviously 12 months, so I need 38 cases and inside every case i need 12 cases (for the months).

Let me know what you think.

WheatSpring WheatWinter Wheat
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
Total0.00.00.0

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col span="3"></colgroup>

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Zachary902,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What version of Excel and Windows are you using?

Can you post a screenshot of the raw data worksheets, and, post a screenshot of the worksheet results (manually formatted by you) that you are looking for?

To post your data, you can download and install one of the following two programs:
Excel Jeanie
MrExcel HTML Maker

Or, when using Internet Explorer, just put borders around your data in Excel and copy those cells into your post.
See reply #2 the BLUE text in the following link:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/444901-how-create-table-like-aladin.html#post2198045

If you are not able to give us screenshots:
You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
Are all the crops and Months on the same sheet? If so, can you filter the data sheet by months starting with Jan. This should gather all the crops together for that month then copy and paste to the new sheet. Then continue this process with all months. Just asking??? bsmill2

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

thanks for your intrest in my thread. Unfortunatly I cannot post data because the excel sheet will be for organizing data in the future. Somone will enter the date and then enter the number of hours on a daily summary sheet. I have my code automatically copying the hours from the daily summary sheet to the crop hours log sheet. I was just wondering if the case statements as stated above would be acceptable for what i am trying to do. The hours would be copied from the daily summary and put added to its respective cell as shown in my first post above. Im sorry i cannot post everything i have as this is for work and some material could be sensitive. Sorry i cant help more.

I am running excel 2007

Upvote 0
Zachary902,

Unfortunatly I cannot post data because the excel sheet will be for organizing data in the future.

If you are not able to supply screenshots or post your workbook on BOX, then:

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the post. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back