How this Dax is working ?

Ombir

Hi,

I don't have experience with DAX and I'm trying to understand a DAX which is used in a workbook.

Here is the link to workbook. https://community.tableau.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/847360-289331/SampleData.xlsx

This is the formula which is used to calculate earned exposure.

=SUMX (
SUMMARIZE (
Table2,
Table2[InceptionDate],
Table2[ExpiryDate],
"Earned Exposure",
COUNTA(Table2[Policy Name])
* COUNTROWS (
CALCULATETABLE ('Table1',
KEEPFILTERS(
DATESBETWEEN (
Table1[DateKey],Table2[InceptionDate], Table2[ExpiryDate]
)
)
)
)
/ COUNTROWS (
DATESBETWEEN (
Table1[DateKey],Table2[InceptionDate], Table2[ExpiryDate]

)
)
),
[Earned Exposure]
)

Please help me to understand how earned exposure is calculated in Sheet1 for each month using above formulae.

MonthEarned Exposure

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:69pt" width="92"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:4059;width:83pt" width="111"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Regards,
Ombir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brook1083

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...