how to add a value from one column in one workbook to another one in different workbook ?

NAMRATAL

kindly tell me the way of adding a value from one column in one workbook to one in another workbook as i have got the highlighted rows in my workbook and i want to update these rows by taking the reference of other workbook

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Not sure what you are trying to do?

Might you be looking for a linked formula where the formula in one workbook is linked (pulls data) from another workbook?

Might you be looking to do a LOOKUP in another workbook where you lookup a value in one workbook in another workbook and bring back a value?

Upvote 0
thanks for ur reply Ledger.
well here i am trying to update one workbook in reference to other workbook... there many rows to be updated. so i want to create a macro which does the work automatically. in workbook named logbook i have models name and their corresponding quantity. i want that these same models's quantity in the different workbook("report.xls") gets 'added' (not copied) up. i want to automate this task . kindly help me with this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back