How to add an external Reference to an exported excel report

ohmedic88

Board Regular
I am using a Spreadsheet as a form. Currently my people are printing out the form and hand writing the data in to the cells. I was wanting to speed things up.

We have 2 exported reports that could be used to fill in the data fields and ranges. Currently I've been cutting and pasting the data into the Workbook.

I was wondering if I could reference the active sheet in my formulas to gather the data without cutting and pasting. I have some pretty elaborate if formulas such as:

=IF(AND(CopyRM!$AA15="REPORT",CopyRM!$Z15="Within Limits"),CopyRM!$V15,"")

another one is:

=IF(CopyRM!AA9="REPORT",(VLOOKUP("SPECIFIC GRAVITY",CopyRM!E4:AH20,14,FALSE)),"")

What is the best way to have it gather the data? The auto file name is quite long or could I save it as a predetermined file name?

People are fighting me on the automation but it drives me nuts to manually hand write these fields.

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMW2159

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...