How to add hyperlinks to mass amount of data without having your cell be a formula.

scottwiebe

This may sound confusing and I will try to clear up what I am trying to do here.
I think it's awesome that you can create hyperlinks to a mass amount of data by using the =HYPERLINK formula. The problem is, I want my end data to be the friendly text with a hyperlink attached to it. I don't want that data to be a formula, because then you have to have 2 columns with identical data (not actually identical, but it appears so because of the friendly name). Is there a way to actually attribute the hyperlinks to the formula cells so that I could copy and paste the formula column as values and then the hyperlinks would still be attached? Then I could also delete the first column. See my excel sample below.

Book2
AB
1EPB1031MFEPB1031MF
2EPB10U1LEPB10U1L
3EPB1131MFEPB1131MF
4EPB1131PMFEPB1131PMF
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1:B4B1=HYPERLINK("ebms:inventry?EPB1031MF", A1)

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
You can give Hyperlink without using formula Just Type Ctrl+K in a cell where you want to give the hyperlink and then type your url there.

1633023338044.png

Upvote 0
You can give Hyperlink without using formula Just Type Ctrl+K in a cell where you want to give the hyperlink and then type your url there.

View attachment 48084
Yes, but then I have to type the different hyperlink for each item. My hyperlink has a string of text that always stays the same, "ebms:inventry?", followed by the text in column A. I want to use a formula to add a hyperlink to the original cell and then be able to delete the formula column. I don't really know how all this works, but it may have to be done by a macro.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back