How to Add Only Cells With Values

c.clavin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hey guys, I'm attempting to create a Purchase Order from items selected on my 'master inventory list' and transfer those items to a 'Purchase Order' sheet that is formatted the way I'd like for printing/faxing purposes. My 'master inventory list' is ~800 rows, so there's no way I'd want to print ALL of them out on a purchase order, in addition to confusing my vendors. I'm pretty sure there's a formula to exclude all cells without values. Can someone here please help me? Thank you very much.

I've included a photo of the Purchase Order sheet on the left, and 'Master Inventory' list on the right to make it clearer.

QUESTION_zps515a9bf5.jpg Photo by cclavin1 | Photobucket

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Can I take all of the cells and make a pivot table, and use only the cells with values?

Upvote 0
The SUM function excludes text and blanks.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. Try posting your data directly to this site.

I want to use columns in my master inventory list to make up purchase orders on my purchase order template. If I have Column A saying apple, orange, pear, banana, pineapple, lemon and Column B saying 1,2,1,0,2,1 how do I transfer all cells besides 'banana' to my purchase order sheet? I have a master inventory list of over 700 items, but obviously I don't order every item every time. I'd like to take all cells with 0's or no values and hide them for the purchase order sheet, showing only the items with 1,2,3,etc in the 'ordered' column. Is this possible?

Upvote 0
Filter the quantity column on your Master using greater than 0, then copy and paste the visible cells to your purchase order sheet.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response, I was looking for something that would take the 'non zero quantity' cells and auto-input them into the purchase order template for automatic processing. Do you know of any way this would work?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response, I was looking for something that would take the 'non zero quantity' cells and auto-input them into the purchase order template for automatic processing. Do you know of any way this would work?
That can be done with VBA. Whoever writes the code will need to know the layouts and names of both sheets so the correct data can be extracted and placed in the right place.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back