How to add up values?

bomberswarm2

I'm rating things by letter grade, but when I add them all up I want to give them an average and total, so in order todo this I would rate the episode "A+" or "D-", when I add them up with a calculator using their values, which are A+ to F- including E grades, with A+ being worth 15 and F- being worth -2. How could Excel add these up automatically for me, by assigning a specific content a number value and then have it added up? Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
did you see post #12?

Yes, I also saw your picture in post #7 and I responding in post #9.

If you are still having problems then you are going to have to describe what those problems are.

Upvote 0
I'm rating several shows simutaneously on different charts, I was wondering if there was a way to have excel add up how many of rating X were in the table. Is there a way?

Upvote 0
I'm rating several shows simutaneously on different charts, I was wondering if there was a way to have excel add up how many of rating X were in the table. Is there a way?

Please try to post an Excel readable, small illustrative sample, using one of the methods listed in the following: Attachments or using this add-in:https://app.box.com/s/soezox25h3w0q5s4rcyl (do not provide an image or an outside link to a file).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back