How to Alt-Tab when using (Mac to PC) Microsoft Remote Desktop?

9tanstaafl9

I am traveling and trying to use my Mac to edit workbooks on our server. Everything works fantastically, except whenever I Alt-Tab it goes back and forth between the server and my Mac programs, instead of alt-tabbing between the open Excel documents and the VBE editor. This driving up my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Does anyone know any way (short of using a PC or a fancy mouse) to make the alt-tab restrict itself to the remote session?

Note I am aware that I can choose FN Option F11 to open the VBE editors but I've been finding that way too difficult to execute. I would be willing to remap some keys to open the editor, but I don't know how to do that when using Remote Desktop.

Any advice appreciated. I would even appreciate search terms I might be missing to look for this. Whenever I search the terms seem to be too general and I get unrelated articles.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Not sure it's going to help but Ctrl + F6 also switches between workbooks

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I touch type and use a lot of keyboard shortcuts. I'd love a solution that doesn't involve taking my eyes off the screen. That combo is a bit too complicated to do without looking. I would just practice it over and over until I had a muscle memory for it, but I use a MacBook without physical key for the F keys, so I can't manage to do it without looking.

Thank you though for the suggestion! It is helpful, just not what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back