How to apply Conditioning Formatting for whole worksheet

Fanny18

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
May i know how to apply conditional formatting for all sheets in worksheet?

I would like to delete the rows under the whole section of "Sales Product A"/"B"/"C" if there is no data for that section. or is there any better way to do it?

For eg, i will apply conditional formatting for each section by inputting the formula (if(A14="","True","False"), then apply font color to white.

Is there any other better way to do that using vba or how to apply such conditional formatting for all sheets? Thanks.

1646832365262.png

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You can't set up conditional formatting for all sheets at one time (selecting multiple sheets then applying CF won't work). You can set up CF on one sheet, then use the Format Painter to copy the formatting to all other sheets, one at at a time. If this just needs to be done one time, that would be just as fast as writing VBA to do it.

Upvote 0
You can't set up conditional formatting for all sheets at one time (selecting multiple sheets then applying CF won't work). You can set up CF on one sheet, then use the Format Painter to copy the formatting to all other sheets, one at at a time. If this just needs to be done one time, that would be just as fast as writing VBA to do it.
Format painter can be used to copy the conditional formatting formula as well? As my cf used formula to set the condition.

Upvote 0
Format Painter copies ALL formats, including conditional formatting. It will copy the formula the same way you can copy formulas on a worksheet. So the formula needs to be correct in terms of absolute and relative ranges.

Upvote 0
Format Painter copies ALL formats, including conditional formatting. It will copy the formula the same way you can copy formulas on a worksheet. So the formula needs to be correct in terms of absolute and relative ranges.
great, i have tried with format printer and it does work.

I have faced some other issues. As my data is alot and i used VBA to clear all the blank rows in the between, then the formula set inside conditional formatting is become #REF. how could this be solved?

Upvote 0
May i know how to apply conditional formatting for all sheets in worksheet?

I would like to delete the rows under the whole section of "Sales Product A"/"B"/"C" if there is no data for that section. or is there any better way to do it?

For eg, i will apply conditional formatting for each section by inputting the formula (if(A14="","True","False"), then apply font color to white.

Is there any other better way to do that using vba or how to apply such conditional formatting for all sheets? Thanks.

View attachment 59634
my earlier formula is (if(A14="","True","False"), then apply font color to white. if i delete the row 5 to 9, then all the formula set in CF become #REF and cannot be used anymore. Anyhow to set the formula once the row up is deleted, it will changed itself accordingly? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Instead of this
Excel Formula:
=IF(A14="","True","False")
use this
Excel Formula:
=A14=""
CF formulas are expressions that evaluate to TRUE or FALSE. Also, it must be the Boolean value, not a text string.

What is the Applies To range for that CF Rule? How many rules do you have? You should just have one rule per worksheet. Your comment "all the formula set" suggests maybe you have too many rules.

Upvote 0
Solution
Instead of this
Excel Formula:
=IF(A14="","True","False")
use this
Excel Formula:
=A14=""
CF formulas are expressions that evaluate to TRUE or FALSE. Also, it must be the Boolean value, not a text string.

What is the Applies To range for that CF Rule? How many rules do you have? You should just have one rule per worksheet. Your comment "all the formula set" suggests maybe you have too many rules.
Thank you very much. It does help me alot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back