How to automatically populate based on a match from another worksheet.

jedski25

Ok, here goes...
I have a very large talent management database that is housed in Excel. This database includes information on performance ratings, work history, education, etc. on every employee in the company.

I also have a 'Talent Profile' form (also created in Excel) that I give to HR whenever they need to review an incumbents talent management information. This form includes most of the information on the talent management database, but not all. And, it's in a completely different format.

Currently, I'm manually entering all of the information into the 'Talent Profile' form from the data on the talent management database. Ideally, I would like to enter the employee's ID number and have the form automatically populate based on the relevant information from the talent management database.

Is this possible? If so, I'm assuming it will require a macro...
Thanks in advance for the help!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have considered using vlookup, but don't understand how a vlookup function will automatically populate numerous fields...

For example, if I need the form to pull information from D3:H3 and insert in one particular spot on the form, and from I3 for another spot on the form, and J3:L3 for another spot on the form... etc. And I want all of this to automatically happen when an ID number is entered. I didn't think vlookup was that powerful...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back