How to best create a calendar and be able to insert traffic light colours in each cell?

rogloc

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have asked to produce a system for team members to log their availability to help out using a traffic light system. I am hoping a template already exists where there is already a calendar, say one worksheet for each month in the year, then a column can be inserted to the left for team members names. Each member can them say type in R, A or G for red, amber and green colours to appear in the cell for that day?

I am hoping a calendar already exists for 2020, and going forward, and that there is a simple way to insert the traffic light colour in each day?

Advice much appreciated.

I follow the same instructions and in 2016 web, with the few formatting options it allows me, it puts the format I selected in the cell once I have created the rule. However, when I do the same thing with 2013 desktop it accepts the rules but does not apply them?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Without knowing anything about your data, or what your CF criteria are, it's impossible to help.
However as this is now a different question to your OP, you will need to start a new thread, giving full details about your data & criteria. Thanks

Upvote 0
A techy friend shared my screen and figured that some accessibility settings had been altered on my laptop that prevented me from seeing the results of the formatting so I wasn't going potty and your advice was good. Thank you very much Fluff.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back