How to calculate a power function equation using array/data set?

MrEl4n

I'm trying to take a set of data that follows a power function, and use Excel's built in functions to calculate out the component of the power function equation. This can be better explained in the link below, under section "Fitting a Power Function to Data"

Everything in the post makes sense to me and I can back into the equations/numbers that are presented in the example; however, I can't for the life of me figure out how they are using the excel formulas to calculate the "log(a)" value. Can anybody take a look at the example in the link above, and let me know how I can use the data set to calculate the log(a) value (1.1782422 in this case.)

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I'm trying to take a set of data that follows a power function, and use Excel's built in functions to calculate out the component of the power function equation. This can be better explained in the link below, under section "Fitting a Power Function to Data"

Everything in the post makes sense to me and I can back into the equations/numbers that are presented in the example; however, I can't for the life of me figure out how they are using the excel formulas to calculate the "log(a)" value. Can anybody take a look at the example in the link above, and let me know how I can use the data set to calculate the log(a) value (1.1782422 in this case.)

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this image below will make it easier to resolve my question, as I think it's very simple I'm just overlooking something obvious:

1619446350480.png

Using the data set and formula listed above, how are they calculating and arriving at the log(a) value of 1.1782422?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back