how to calculate cell value every time it change

uzain

Hi, i am trying to get the value. I have this stock market software which displays data on spread sheet. The column C updates automatically every sec and changes its value(Some time it does and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the market). All i want is to calculate how much money traded in last sec if there was money it should shows me the money traded or else just zero. Somebody suggested this method but it didnt work.

You can do this by activating Iterative calculations in excel. Go to File>Excel options>Formula and enable iterative calculation
main-qimg-1106191906f28e24d50919d9f4b7e2e8

now you have to add reset and counter cells in one cell. Counter will update when ever your target cell change and value is recorded.
If Reset Cell (named as reset) will have value of 0 or 1. Counter(named as count) will have formula of =IF(reset=1,,count+1)

As you can see there is circular reference in formula for count as count=IF(reset=1,,count+1<wbr>). But you will not get error as you have activated Iterative calculation

Add serial number in Row A and your target values can be recorded in row B.
I
main-qimg-296e789bea7503956c416160aa1bca40

in Cell B52 add formula as =IF(reset=1,"",IF(count=$<wbr>A52,time,B52))
This is again circular referencing.
Drag this formula and your sheet will start recording with every refresh. your workbook should be open for this to function.

I had developed this sheet to capture and analyse stock quotes that changes frequently. I had taken data from web query with 15 sec refresh rate.

i am sorry i am new in excel and i am stuck with this thing please help me. i have created an image to show you guys how my data looks like in excel file and what exactly i want please help me.
2ppajvn.png

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back