How to calculate matching values in two cells to see percentage of accuracy?

eric64418

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a list of CDs and LPs with UPCs that I found matching release pages for on the site Discogs.com - but I want to double check my work.

My Sheet has the UPC, Title, Release ID, and Description. I want to see the % of accuracy between Columns B & D are similar - knowing that some have some errant text such as (180g) or something - i would expect a rate of 80-90% means I am correct, but a percentage lesser than that needs investigation.

I have around 11k of these codes, so doing this manually would be quite a pain.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.

Thank you!!
Eric

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-19 230919.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-19 230919.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 74

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi, this isn't what you asked for but it may solve your problem, judging by the image the data in column B seems to follow a pattern, the Artist, Title, Additional Info, if this is the case my approach would be to remove the Artist & Additional Info & check for a match with column D, the following formula will do that.

Excel Formula:
=IF(D2=(IF(AND(LEN(B2)>LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"- ","")),LEN(B2)>LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"(",""))),TRIM(MID(B2,FIND("- ",B2)+1,FIND("(",B2)-FIND("- ",B2)-2)),IF(LEN(B2)>LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"- ","")),TRIM(RIGHT(B2,LEN(B2)-FIND("- ",B2))),IF(LEN(B2)>LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"(","")),TRIM(LEFT(B2,FIND("(",B2)-1)),B2)))),"Match","No Match")

Upvote 0
You are a wizard! This is very helpful, thank you so much!

I do have a question though - I ran this code and for titles that are exact matches (no extra words) it generates "No Match".

Upvote 0
If possible can you post some actual data, there maybe some additional hidden characters, when I type the data as shown in the picture the formula seems ok.

Upvote 0
It seems for some 45 RPMs, when the title has a / between the two songs, that causes an error. That might be it Plus, row 89 in this screenshot should be able to match.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-20 134200.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-20 134200.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Sorry I can't tell from the picture, some spaces maybe characters like 160 (Non-Breaking space), if you could copy a section of your workbook to a new workbook & upload it to Free Hosting Site & post the link, I will download it & try to sort the issue out.

Upvote 0
That link comes up as dangerous with the message

Website blocked due to phishing​

I would suggest that you upload to a more reputable site, such as OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't know, I hope this is a Google Drive Shared Folder Link, if you upload it I will take a look in the morning, thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back