How to calculate probability of losing x trades in a row in 50 days.

VBA KILLER

New Member
Joined
May 28, 2021
Messages
1
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, so im trying to make a excel spreadsheet to calculate the highest percentage of losses in a row.

somewhat like this
1622258999909.png

The only thing is that I want to have loss percentage and i want to be able to start at 1 percent rather than 5
 

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

mrshl9898

Well-known Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2012
Messages
1,951
Try =1-POWER($A3,B$2)

Eg 40% win *40% = 16% chance win so 84% chance loss.

I see the maths there is quite different though, hard to think why that would be.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
1,147,815
Messages
5,743,366
Members
423,790
Latest member
kevinlee_5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Top