How to calculate the extra earnings using the highest rate and hours

FortCeara2

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need help figuring out how to calculate employee's extra earnings due to extra hours they worked each week.
Let's say, the year starts on November 1st. So the first week of November starting Sunday and ending Saturday is Week #1 (if November 1 starts on a Friday, then Week #1 will consist of 2 days) and the year ends on October 31st.

Anyway, all employees are scheduled a total number of hours each week and are paid per hour based on the hourly rate, i.e. Week#1, Stacy's hourly rate is $15.00 and she's scheduled to work 10 hours, but for whatever reason Stacey works 12 hours. In this case Stacy worked an extra 2 hours and her extra earnings are $30.00.
Now there may be instances, where Stacy's scheduled hours may change to 15 scheduled hours per week and her hourly rate may or may not increase. So let's say, during week #2, the scheduled hours went up to 15 starting on Wednesday, and her hourly rate of pay is now $15.00 effective on Thursday. In this case I need to calculate her extra earnings using the highest hours and highest pay rate. Once this is all done. I'll sum up the total "extra earnings" for the year to find out how much her "additional earnings" were.
Additional Earnings.JPG

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
you will need a helper column which writes scheduled hrs.' per week then another one that subtracts scheduled from worked to get the extra hrs and a third column which writes the amount she was to be paid that week then the fourth helper column will have the formula. first as i look in your photo there is no way to know much hrs she worked in a day so as to get how many hrs." she worked in total is she above, low or within the schedule.

Upvote 0
I have done a sample format of how you want your work to look like, as data and the formulas i have put. extra hrs will only appear as to what is higher between extra hrs n scheduled hrs. the formula illustrates so. since i see that you are dealing with timecard and billing, why not pass through this link, it has a free timecard you can dont forget toSUBSCRIBE also download too in the description. don't forget to SUBSCRIBE also
DATA.png
FORMULAS.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back