how to change colour of cell if anything is entered in textbox

Patriot2879

Hello :), good morning all. Just wondering f you can help please. I have the code below, but this time I want the row to change colour if anything is entered into the textbox so not word specific I have tried for the TextBox14 value "" and "*" but that didn't work, please can you advise.

Code:
Private Sub TextBox14_Change()
  With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")
  emptyRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "O").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    If TextBox14.value = "" Then Range(.Cells(emptyRow, 1), .Cells(emptyRow, 18)).Interior.Color = RGB(200, 0, 0)

End With
End Sub

Jon von der Heyden

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You could check that the length of the text in the TextBox is not 0:

Code:
If Len(TextBox14.Value) Then

Patriot2879

hi just adapted to the code below but still didn't work, hope you can advise please? whats needed is for the background to change colour no matter what is entered into the textbox14

Code:
Private Sub TextBox14_Change()
  With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")
  emptyRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "O").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    If Len(TextBox14.value) = "" Then Range(.Cells(emptyRow, 1), .Cells(emptyRow, 18)).Interior.ColorIndex = 37

End With
End Sub

Jon von der Heyden

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Howdy

Remove the = ""
Rich (BB code):
If Len(TextBox14.value) = "" Then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salamon

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...