How to change forum to old theme?

We've always had profile pics, though admittedly, these are larger.
As for software version, I don't remember that being a profile option before

The simple solution to the artificially-enlarged profile pictures that look crappy is to simply re-upload the photo. See how nice mine is now?

so it would be nice to see option like that
We are open to suggestions, though something like that is a custom feature, which we create ourselves (for security reasons).
I will add your request to the list for discussion. I know it's been brought up in the past, but times have changed.
But for now - we're more worried with board stability and ease of posting and responding. So it may be a little while.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?
ok.. looking through things...
1. There is a Reply box at the bottom of the page - no quote
2. You can highlight part of someone's reply - you get a reply button which will quote what you highlighted
3. each post has a reply button, if you use that, it quotes the reply

I haven't used #3... do you use it often? I read through an entire thread before I answer, but if I'm replying to something in the middle, I would highlight first what I"m answering.. else, without the quote, it may not make sense when read in order.

You just start typing in the Reply box at the bottom of the page...
I know that but most users , especially new, don't know that. if they see Reply they hit it and make a mish-mash in thread. They treat this as mail answer

I used Reply With Quote if I want to show particular part of text (post#13), most often - without quotes

Last edited:
I'm thinking the way it's setup makes sense (see my previous post to why). True, having long posts quoted will be a pita, but it's a chance to educate. We'll see how much a problem it becomes and if so, can discuss what to do (again, we're talking custom code for the board. And the more we have, the more difficult it can be to apply updates/patches)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplemeadows

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back