How to change forum to old theme?

I like the new board software almost as much as a like @Peter_SSs walking stick (and I REALLY like that walking stick)!

and there is no place for software version to declare , eg. Excel 2007 or Excel 2019 ,
There is now. Click your name at the the top right of the forum then 'Account details'

I miss the number of posts for each user?

Just hover the cursor over the users avatar.

Just hover the cursor over the users avatar.

Thanks for that, however it is stil extra to do, when you have different posters in a thread, and it was already there to viewed in the old theme?

Whilst it was there before, I think it would take quite a bit of work to put it back as this software isn't setup for it.
Also we have given people the opportunity to show what version of Xl they use & the platform, which all takes up space.

Whilst it was there before, I think it would take quite a bit of work to put it back as this software isn't setup for it.
Also we have given people the opportunity to show what version of Xl they use & the platform, which all takes up space.
I have no doubt.

The charity I volunteer for is currently working to install a new 'better' computer system, which is far more cumbersome to use for it's users.
Hell they cannot even get the addresses sorted correctly. :LOL:

It was just I thought it was a very useful feature, which every other forum had as well. I just hope these others do not decide to upgrade as well.:cry:

Only thing it will prevent me from doing is welcoming first users (can't see me remembering to hover my mouse over the user name when they are in the "New Member" category) after that I can't really see any use for the number of posts.

...after that I can't really see any use for the number of posts.
Agree. In fact my experience over the years at other forums where questions are marked as solved has often irked me where I have observed answers being chosen solely based on the one provided by the member with the highest post count or points, rather than on merit of the actual solutions provided.

I agree totally and I also know of posters with thousands of posts who I have only seen post questions and never seen try answering one (btw I have no issue with that as the board is free to use whether you want to ask or respond to questions) so the post count can't really be used as an indication of anything else other than the count.

Much as I hate to say it but even the number of likes (I suppose reactions now?) tells you a little bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back