How to compare study plan on two different sheets?

Damianzt47

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,

I picked some extra classes this semester and am now trying to create a weekly schedule of my classes.

At first I made a table with all activities from my classes, but I noticed some overlaps. I have some kind of ranking system where I put colors near the class (as you can see in the pic attached).

To be even clearer, I decided to create a separate sheet for each class so that I could see what tutorial options I have, which lectures I can/should sacrifice etc.

Each sheet kinda looks like the one in the pic (with more events). What I want to do is have some oversight as to at which cell the sheets overlap (which is the time my schedules clash). It would be even better if in case of overlap, the cell with the higher priority (color near the name) would be selected, but that seems like a lot.

E.g. Is there another activity in another sheet at E8 and E9? If there is, what is it, for which class (sheet), bonus would also be how important is it according to F8 and F9, and is it more important than the activity in the sheet I’ve selected.

It would be amazing to write something which could maybe also choose the class based on the priority, maybe it would be easier if i insert a number in the priority cells.

Any suggestions welcome!!!

TLDR: How to know where cells in different sheets overlap with each other?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back