How to conditionally format first cell in the row in excel 2007

aparanjith

Hi, I am using a excel spreadsheet, where I want first cell of the row to turn red color, if there are any empty cells in the row.
That means if I have an empty cell in 3rd column of first row, then I want only the first cell of the row should turn to red, similarly this formula should apply for all the rows in the spreadsheet. can anyone help me out.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Trouttrap2

Highlight the cells you want formatted. Open your conditional format dialogue box. add this formula =COUNTA(C2:F2)<>COLUMNS(C2:F2). Format to red. You will need to change the ranges of the formuals.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msann

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...