How to control a workbook reference (file path) with a cell.

TheFearLess

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
So I have a master workbook that has multiple sheets referenced to multiple work books. I want to modified the file paths in the workbook references with cell input on the master workbook. So an example is:

Masterwork book- June numbers (with sheets for John,Cindy, and Sue( each sheet is referenced to the sales report for each individual)

The reference for each individual work book is ='https://company.sharepoint.com/site/sales/2022/Feb/[(individuals name).xlsx]Sheet1'$B$4

What I want to control is the 2022 and Feb file path with cells on the master, so if enter 2021 in A2 and Mar on B2 in the master workbook on sheet 2, I want the reference to change to ='https://company.sharepoint.com/site/sales/2021/Mar/[(individuals name).xlsx]Sheet1'$B$4

Any ideas? I have researched and found the =INDIRECT() function but am not sure if it will work in this instance. Thanks ahead of time for any and all help

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Also I have searched other threads with similar questions but not this particular setup. I am also not knowledgeable on VBA or macros.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back