How to copy down from 2 columns

Pumperkin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have data in column D, and data in column E. I want to move this to column F (for printing) so that it runs

D1
E1
D2
E2
D3
E3

Etc.

I can pull the data D1 into F1, and E1 into F2, but when copying down, it does it like so:

D1
E1
D3
E3
D5
E5

Is it possible to have it so that the missing ones are included?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Try this macro:
Code:
Sub Pumperkin()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, rng As Range, x As Long, y As Long: y = 1
    LastRow = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    For x = 1 To LastRow
        Cells(y, 6).Resize(2) = WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Cells(x, 4).Resize(, 2))
        y = y + 2
    Next x
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Well thanks so much - after fiddling trying to work out how on earth to use macros, I managed to get it to work. You are a star :)

Upvote 0
Well thanks so much - after fiddling trying to work out how on earth to use macros, I managed to get it to work. You are a star :)

Hi, Just to follow on from this, I now have data in columns A through to F, that I wish to convert like this:

A1
B1
C1
D1
E1
F1

These are addresses - I have tidied them as much as I can but can't how to modify the previous Macro (and not quite sure if it's the same thing).

Any help gladly received.

Upvote 0
Can you post a screen shot of what your data looks like? Section B at this link has instructions on how to post a screen shot: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Can you post a screen shot of what your data looks like? Section B at this link has instructions on how to post a screen shot: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Thanks Mumps. I managed to sort it a different way, by indirect reference and copying across :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back