How to copy over only new rows

DHero

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a report which I have to update from time to time. The combination (Concat) of the values from two columns is unique, so I have a "code" which identifies the row.
So, for the example: Sheet 1 has 1000 rows, Sheet 2 has 1200 (The previous 1000 are included in this) I want to copy over to the main sheet (Sheet 1) only the new 200 rows, all of which have "new" codes, problem is: They are all mixed. Is there a way to quickly do it? If a VBA code would be necessary I'm willing to adapt and incorporate it to the process.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
It would probably be helpful if you could post some small samples of your data so we can see what you are working with, what you are matching on, and what your desired results should look like.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back