How to copy the -formula- from the 'Sum' in the status bar?

mrwul62

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
When selecting non adjacent cells with digits, there will be a 'Sum' value in the statusbar.
(If that option has been checked).

The value can be copy/pasted to/from clipboard.

It would be handy if the formula would be pasted along, so the formula could be copied to other rows or columns.

Vainly searched for a solution and maybe there simply isn't??
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• SnagIt-01012023 085745.png
    SnagIt-01012023 085745.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
For 365, clicking on it works. We can't tell what version you're using. You can put what version of Excel and what OS in your Profile which would help you get better help. Also, use XL2BB when asking about data.

Upvote 0
For 365, clicking on it works. We can't tell what version you're using. You can put what version of Excel and what OS in your Profile which would help you get better help. Also, use XL2BB when asking about data.

Am using Office 365 on Windows 10 x64 - both latest versions. Like what @Peter_SSs wrote, only the value is copied: displayed in my clipboard manager.
Unaware of a workaround. Alt+= deals with adjacent cells only.

Upvote 0
Am using Office 365 on Windows 10 x64 - both latest versions. Like what @Peter_SSs wrote, only the value is copied: displayed in my clipboard manager.
Unaware of a workaround. Alt+= deals with adjacent cells only.
My apologies for not reading your post more carefully. Glad you found out about [Alt]=.

Upvote 0
Am using Office 365 on Windows

Please add that to your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
Done (settings saved in profile)

As for the question: have been searching all over, seems I am one of the verrry few asking for this, maybe the only one on world.
OTOH to some extend it seems logical, having the formula in clipboard, so it can be re-used, i.e. applied to other cells.

Anyway, if it isn't there, bad luck.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back