How to copy with a checkbox

dbow

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to Excel macros and such. I am reading and trying to learn.

I have a very simple task to accomplish in excel but cant seem to make it happen correctly and need some help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns one containing questions that would be used for a technical test and one where I have added checkboxes. I would like to be able to go down the list of questions and select certain questions by checking the boxes and have the questions populate onto another sheet in the book.

The questions need to populate in the next available cell going down in the new sheet, skipping a cell so an answer can be written in when its printed and presented.

If a check box is unselected on the main sheet I want it to delete everything so that the test sheet remains tidy.

I have gotten really close to making this happen but have started over about 5 or 6 times.

I must say that while reading through the forum that the most difficult thing is all the different ways people perform functions within excel. Just when I find a piece that works I find another that wont fit. I am not really asking for anyone to write the full deal for me but if someone could help out with the basic outline I can figure out the rest. I think

Thanks

Dbow

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I would set things up so that checkbox1 refered to the question in A1, checkbox2-A2, etc.

Then I would loop

Code:
Sheets(2).ClearContents
printRow=1
for i =1 until done
   if checkboxI then
     Cells(printRow,1)=Worksheets("sheet1").cells(i,1): rem question #i
     Cells(printRow+1,1)=vbNullString
     printRow=printRow + 2
   end if
next i

does that help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back