How to count all rows between multiple ranges that repeat in sheet

Mr80s

I would like help in trying to come up with a way (Excel VBA?) that will count the number of calls received each day. The report has all of the data in Column A but has months of data separated by text as shown below.
I'm wondering if I could create a range between each "Call Date:xx/xx/xxxx" and count the rows that contain numbers but only for each date.

So I'd have to define the range from "Call Date:" to "Location:" -minus 1 row.

perhaps something like
Code:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; background-color: inherit; white-space: inherit;">[COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]
Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"A:A"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Find[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"Call Date:"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Offset[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]),[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"A:A"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Find[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"Location"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit],[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit] 
Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"A:A"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Find[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]"Call Date:"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit])).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit]Offset[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit](-[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#7D2727][FONT=inherit]1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=inherit])).[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#101094][FONT=inherit]Select
[/FONT][/COLOR]</code>

But I can't figure out how to do it for the entire report which could have 10,000 rows and months of days...

I'm trying to get it so that in column B it will output:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; background-color: inherit; white-space: inherit;">
Call
Date:01/18/20191call
CallDate:01/19/20198call
CallDate:01/20/20199call

</code>This is how my data looks (again it's an export of an old system so everything gets put into column A).

As there could be hundreds of pages, I'm wondering how best to go about this so that it can count the rows that contain ":" between each "Call Date:" and "Location:" with the count displayed beside each Call Date:

Thanks everyone!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
In thinking through this, I think I know the logic, just not how to code it.

For example, we want to determine the start and end values of a range. So, set startRow to first instance of "Call Date:" and endRow to "Location" , then for each set of those ranges, countif contains ":"
I'm wondering about a for each next loop Where the range is startRow to endRow, and countif is the code executed... I'm going to attempt to code this..just thinking out loud ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back