how to count occurances of a number being larger than a previous number within a specific time period (rolling 3 months)

Jordon Burn

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post I have found some great solutions on this site over the last few months but I can find how to do what I am looking for and was hoping someone could help me

I run a spread sheet to track absence days at work and need help with how to count specific absence triggers the triggers are 3 periods of absence in 3 months or 5 periods of absence in 12 months I have a pivot which counts the days absent each week this sits in the background and I display the results in a different page

the current table has a long list of employees in the row labels it has week number in the column labels and count of days absent in the values.

this lets me see if anyone has had more than 10 days off in the last 12 months as this is the other trigger any idea how to count if a number is larger than 0 more than 3 times in 3 months when the week before was 0 indicating a separate absence and not continued absence over 2 weeks.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Jord

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi @Jordon Burn

There are many ways to solve a problem such as this, but it would be helpful to see how your data is laid out - does each employee repeat every week or are there multiple week columns for every employee? How long does the data go back e.g. is data over 12 months deleted or could an Employee's full work history be seen? Is the 12 months a fixed period (e.g. April to March) or a rolling 12 months? How often do you need to see this or does it need to be real time? In either event, how is the data updated?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back