how to count

Mimie

Dear all
I have a huge worksheet , each entry has a received date in column C in the format of dd-mm-yy, and a date to be processed by in column F in the format of dd-mm-yy.

I have to count how many entries received each date, and also count by the date to be processed by.

How can I count and get it to list out by date?

P.S. the worksheet start from last Oct, each day there are many received entries with different date to be processed by.

Column C: Received Column F : To be processed by
Entry one 2 Oct 08 10 Oct, 08
Entry two 2 Oct 08 19 Oct, 08
.... etc

Also, I have a deadline to meet, all entries received should be done within 2 weeks.
And also to be done within the date to be processed by which may be less than 2 weeks.

I am bombarded by my boss saying I always delay,and write badly at my appraisal, I need to find proof and have to count these entries. I think percentage wise, there are not so much delays over the year. Is there a quicker way to do instead of using filter where I have to press many times.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Is the date you did the entry on any of your columns, as if you are trying to prove to your boss that you are getting your work done on time I would have thought that was crucial.

For example if you had the entry date in column g you could then use the following formula in column h and sum it to get the number of late entries.

=if(0r(g1>f1,(g1-c1)>14),1,0)

You can then divide the sum of the column by the number of rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back