How to create a file

Dkabugu

I am helping to manage excel contributions data for a non profit.

I have an excel document that has various Excel tabs. Each tabs contains account history of all donations for each member.

I need to accomplish the following, please advise how to go about it with references as necessary( I am good in excel but not in Macros, Vbasic etc).

1. I want to be able to send the locked excel file to each member or donor

2. When each donor or member enters their unique password, they should only see the tab that has their contributions history.

3. The member should not be able to see any of the other tabs.

Please advise how to accomplish this.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Would you be against sending the individual tab in a separate excel file to each member? It would be far more secure to send them just the data they need then sending them encrypted data that they hopefully won't be able to get to.

Upvote 0
Would you be against sending the individual tab in a separate excel file to each member? It would be far more secure to send them just the data they need then sending them encrypted data that they hopefully won't be able to get to.

Yes I would be against sending individual tabs because there are over 2750 emails to send this way. If I can send just one email with bcc, everyone just opens and enters their passwords and only sees their tab.

Anyone knows how to achieve this please?

Upvote 0
I really meant that question as if you have anything against the end result of individual emails to each member. Sure, manually sending out each email would be time consuming, but possible to create a macro to copy each tab and send out as an individual email. To do this you would need to do the following:

1. Loop through each worksheet. VBA For Loop – For Next and For Each In Next | Excel & VBA – Databison
While looping do the following:
A. Copy each worksheet to a new workbook https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff837784.aspx
B. Send the workbook to an email recipient https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff821053.aspx

I really don't think that the way you want to accomplish your task is going to work because of Excel limitations and email server limitations.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back