How to create a pull down list based on the answer from another pulldown list

robgoldstein

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey All,

I need some help on the best way to create some pull down menus based on criteria.

I have a spread sheet that I use to create rosters and build game-sheets for a soccer team. They run multiple teams in multiple divisions each week.
on a different sheet I have list of the teams and the schedule. Each division's information is on a separate sheet. The teams are listed on either the home column or the away column, but are only listed once for a date. The schedule is for the entire league and not just for one team.

What I want to do is have a pull down to select division and then a pull down to select the team from within that division (which is easy from the list of the teams) and then I want to use a pull down for the date and have the game information populate if that team is listed in either the home or away column for that date's row. There are a lot of rows in the schedule when that team will not be listed since each row is a game.

I have put screen captures of where i want this information to end up and the source information.
Any help you can provide on the best way to manage this info would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• Roster.JPG
    Roster.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Schedule.JPG
    Schedule.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Teams.JPG
    Teams.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I think maybe this is what you're looking for, dependent data validation.
thanks. That is part of the problem.
I have a schedule that has the entire leagues games on it. I need to be able to narrow it down to the one game for that team on a date.
I need to select the club, then select from the divisions that club has teams registered in, then select from the dates that that team has games. Once that date is selected I need the information for that game to be filled into cells. The game has home and away columns where the team name could be.

Upvote 0
It seems like I should be able to do this as a pivot table, but I can't figure it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back