How to create a separate pivot table and separate pivot chart file from base data file?

shuchita

Hi,

I am learning excel 2007 while working on the job. I have a simple query.

My base data from which I want to create pivot tables and pivot charts is stored in file called: Base_Data.xlsx

I want to create two separate files for pivot tables and pivot charts (based on the pivot tables) linked to the same data base as follows:

Pivot_Table.xlsx (based on the Base_Data.xlsx file)
Pivot_Charts.xlsx (based on Pivot_Table.xlsx file and linked to Base_Data.xlsx file such that whenever pivot_table.xlsx is refreshed the charts are also refreshed)

Also, can I make more than 1 pivot chart from the same pivot table? If so, How? If not, what is the solution?

Can you please outline the steps to do create these separate files? Thanks a lot in advance!

hattrick_123

Hi there

I have a similar question to the original poster.

But in my case I want to have 1 file(source data) which will be in a Table format, so as I add new data to it any pivot charts linked to this table will be updated also.

Then I want ot have a 2nd file which is where I want to store my Pivot Charts(with their associated Pivot Tables). So as I update data to file 1(source data) I can then refresh all my pivot charts in file 2.

The reason I am doing this is to keep the file sizes to around 10Meg for effeciency.

I have tried the link above, but this does not seem to answer my question.

Can this be done? Appreciate any advice/pointers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankur Teotia

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...