How to create a sheet based off data from another sheet?

dmohlalacheri

Hi Guys, Looking for help with this situation... pretty much a rookie with excel

I have a workbook that has a few different tabs at the bottom for vendors, and then a column on each sheet that has a date when the product is going to be ready.

Is there anyway, for example, to have all the entries that have a date before a certain time. (IE every entry that has a ready date before 6/1/2013) to automatically populate a new excel sheet?

This way I would be able to keep track of all the upcoming ready shipments without manually going through and copy / pasting.

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Surfboard

Yes there is a way, use the VLOOKUP formula.
Code:
=VLOOKUP([COLOR=#ff0000]{Data to be searched example: Date}[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ff0000]{Data Colums to search not lees than 2 selected}[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ff0000]{Colum to display when data is found, example if you selected 4 colums named "Age", "Date", "Gender", "Cell" in this order and you would like to search date within these colums, and display "Age", then it would be [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]1[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]}[/COLOR],[COLOR=#ff0000]{[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]FALSE[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] for exact match}\{[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]TRUE[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] for Closest}[/COLOR])

(Note the Red text should be replaced and the Black text is wat you will need to enter into the selected cell.)

Even if your data is in 2 different Workbooks, the formula will automatically gain the information and display results. But all the workbooks should be open when you select your Data. Here is an example:
Code:
=VLOOKUP([Book1.xlsm]Sheet2!$M$3,G2:I20,2,FALSE)

This code looks for specific data in my Book1 sheet 2, Searches it in my Book2, sheet2, then displays the second colum of my selection, followed by false because i need the exact data to be found.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duncthegreat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back