How to create a standalone app from workbook?

w3neo

Hi, I am no Excel guru but I have managed to build a workbook that uses a coupel of web queries and builds several pages of information from these queries.

The WorkBook is a portfolio organizer for a popular game site called NeoPets. There is a stock market game there and I run a help site for this game.

My problem is that the workbook I have built only works with 98 or newer versions of excel on the windows platform. I have had many requests to make this available to those who have Excel 95 (and some Mac users) but I have no idea how to accomplish this. My first thought would be to make this a standalone app, my question is will Office XP Developer allow me to easily do this? Secondly is there a free viewer users could download that would run the macro and web queries?

The .xls file can be found here if soeone would be willing to look at it and offer feedback...

http://www.w3zone.com/neodaq/index.php?page=neoxls

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Well after thurough searching here it appears there is no way to make a standalone app from a workbook with excel macros (baler wont work for this) I have searched the we and have come up empty so far...

My other questions still stand though, how to make this available for Mac users and more immportantly at this point it time is there a free viewer available that will run the Excel macros and web queries contained within them. Star Office doesnt work... :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back