how to create harvey balls in Excel?

Jeannie

Thanks for any assistance.

How do I do this? I want to insert harvey balls into cells.

Thanks!
Jeannie

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Create a pie chart with just two elements. Remove all the extraneous information from the chart (legend, title, etc.) and make the chartobject very very small. Format to taste.

However, a chart is not "in" a cell. It floats above all the cells.

You can also use unicode values to create certain specific "balls" or you can get a font for Harvey Balls. Search Google (as I did). The very first link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Balls
Thanks for any assistance.

How do I do this? I want to insert harvey balls into cells.

Thanks!
Jeannie

Upvote 0
There is another way: using a 0-4 value rating system, create your list of items and then the attributes, and fill in the number rating values. When done, highlight the numbers, then in the Home tab click on Conditional Formatting, Icon Sets, and choose the harvey balls.

Upvote 0
You did notice that the original discussion was more than 4-1/4 years ago, didn't you?

There is another way: using a 0-4 value rating system, create your list of items and then the attributes, and fill in the number rating values. When done, highlight the numbers, then in the Home tab click on Conditional Formatting, Icon Sets, and choose the harvey balls.

Upvote 0
You did notice that the original discussion was more than 4-1/4 years ago, didn't you?

I didn't; I had found this question in a web search as I struggled with the same problem. I found my answer elsewhere but thought it helpful - given that forums such as this are searchable - to provide my solution here. Just trying to be helpful.

Upvote 0
I didn't; I had found this question in a web search as I struggled with the same problem. I found my answer elsewhere but thought it helpful - given that forums such as this are searchable - to provide my solution here. Just trying to be helpful.

I just used you suggestion, 5 years later. Thanks. I googled it, this came up near the top of the search and was the easiest solution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

@TomekJ - 7 years later, still helpful. Many thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back