How to create lists that spontaneously update for student attendance tracker

teacher1

Hi. I'm using Excel 2010 to try to create a spreadsheet so that my school can start to keep track of overall student attendance and administer consequences for chronic absenteeism. I'm a novice at Excel.

I created a workbook where the counselor can enter daily attendance (just a roster of students with calendar, counselor enters "1" if the student is absent), and then a column which lists a sum total of absences for a given student. There is one sheet each for freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors. I also have a sheet with a roster of teachers where the counselor checks off whether each teacher has turned in their daily attendance, with a column listing how many times the teacher has failed to turn in attendance. What I'd like is for another sheet that would spontaneously update a list of students who have reached certain threshold numbers of days of absences. So like 5 lists, one for 2 absences, one for 3 absences, one for 6 absences, one for 9 absences, one for 12 absences. This is so we can print the list each day to give to the principal to administer consequences for chronic absenteeism.

Thanks for the help. This is for a public school in a small developing nation, and getting a handle on absenteeism will really make a difference.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back