How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel

Huhenyo

Board Regular
I've looked around quite a bit and I can't seem to find any way to display a ≥ sign in the text (prompt) of an inputbox. ChrW(&H2265) doesn't work. It just gives me an = sign and the ansi/ascii character set doesn't include a ≥ sign so I can't just use chr() to get one either. I really would prefer to avoid using >= as it is quite tacky.

Does anyone have a thought on how I might get a ≥ into the text (prompt) of an inputbox?

Thank you!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Huhenyo

Board Regular
Thank you, footoo. However, this is for a msgbox and not an inputbox. Could you please help me with how I would write the declaration statement for in Inputbox?

Huhenyo

Board Regular
I think I may have found a different way of doing this. It appears that Application.Inputbox() will actually recognize the Unicode characters unlike the standard Inputbox. However, now I'm getting a type mismatch error, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure that one out. I think it must have to do with the "type" parameter of the Inputbox method. Thank you!

Huhenyo

Board Regular
So, it appears that the Application.Inputbox() method limits the prompt to 255 characters. What a drag!!!! The regular input box allows much more than this. I can't figure out why a newer method that recognizes Unicode would limit the prompt of all things to only 255 characters. I was hoping to avoid having to use userforms, but alas I may have to do that unless anyone out there knows a workaround to get the Inputbox method to allow for a longer prompt. Anyone?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arias610

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...