How to do a split form that will allow you to adjust the format .

Beamer2010

Board Regular
When I create a split form I can't change the look of the form part. It locks in the object and would let me move outside of the perimetered area, is there anyway to adjust the set up?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Don't understand your post. Change the look in design view? What object? What is meant by "locks in the object"? What's a perimetered area?

Upvote 0
I am a novice. I created a split form with the form on top and the datasheet on the bottom. I want to change the format of the top form but it will not allow me to move the text boxes and labels. It gives me a predetermined area to work in and I am not able to customize the top form. I hope that is clearer.

Upvote 0
A bit, but still fuzzy. Any split form should be able to be edited as long as you're putting it into design or layout view, and you're not using a run time version of Access and the form was not created in a newer version than the one you're using. The key aspect of this is likely the view - it has to be design view or layout view. Some changes cannot be made in layout view, but positioning controls is doable in either. Obviously you're not trying to do this with a run-time version or you would not have been able to create the form in the first place (assuming you're using the same db to make the edits as you did for making the form). If none of that helps, there is always the old standby of compact and repair function for the database - if form corruption could be the issue. If none of that helps, try creating a new split form and attempt to alter control positions in design view.

Upvote 0
When I create the split form I can open it in it will give me a regular form on the top and a datasheet on the bottom. The bottom is okay but I want to change the set up on the top. What I get is a dashed squared area and I cannot go out of the perimetered area, If I try to change the size of one object all of the change, they are all linked together. I cannot ungroup them, I cannot move them to a different area on the form. I am creating the form on a 2010 version and I do us both design and layout view but it doesn't help. Is there anyway I can ungroup? I have tried everything I can think of and I am not sure about run time.

Upvote 0
What I get is a dashed squared area and I cannot go out of the perimetered area, If I try to change the size of one object all of the change, they are all linked together.
That sounds like the controls are part of a group. Try right clicking on one control in the header and choose Layout > Remove from the resulting short cut menu. Don't worry - it doesn't remove the control from the form, just from any grouping.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Sorry I didn't grasp the meaning of some of your terms sooner.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back