How to do these things ?

Cyberslam

Hello all !

I am kinda new to access and made a transport database but it needs some changes which are out of my knowledege so i am hoping that you guys can help me out. There are the 2 things that i would like to do in my forms:

1=, I have a form where all the new cars are added to DB. Fields are Vehicle Code, Type, Brand, Model and Model year. Then I have a transaction form where vehicles are either assigned to employees or to garage etc.. What i would like to do in this form is that when i select a Vehicle Code, the remaining fields i.e. Type, Brand, Model and Model year of that partcular Vehicle Code should appear in thier respective fields of the transaction form.

2=, Now a little difficult part, in the same transaction form i want a field where the name of the current username appears and also a field with current date.

Now moving on to Transaction Type thingy. I want to two options button ( Issue Vehicle and Cancel Vehicle). If option " Issue Vehicle" is selected, a field i.e. a combo box consisting of To Employee and To Garage appears. And then when "To Employee" is selected two fields i.e. Employee No. and Name appear in a kind of frame.( data of both these fields are in other table and will appear in combox boxes). When "To Garage" is selected a field "reason" appear in a frame in place of above stated two fields.

I hope i am making some sense. I know i have to make a table for all these fields but dunno how to do all these things in forms..

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back