How to do THIS!?!? Reference last 5 CSV files

fiercemelon

I would love to know how to tackle this assignment, I don't need the exact code, but just what functions i should be using and the general idea for how to perform this task. Thank you all so much in advance for any help on this one ::biggrin:

Each day i download a CSV file from the server which contains information on active orders- naturally these orders are only in the system while in progress, once completed they drop out and others populate in as orders come in.

each order has a unique order ID number, they are usually not in the same row from one day to the next.

each order also has a DUE DATE which should not change-but as result of a workaround, the due date may be reentered to a later date as to seem not late.

i need to capture in a report which orders have had their due date changed by referencing the previous 5 reports.

what i tried doing was using a simple "if/and" function manually inserting the filenames of the previous 5 CSV files to return if ORDER ID = and DUEDATE<> then return "Yes"

I dont think this captures what i want because its referencing row to row. so when an order changes position in the report- which it does everyday, it does not capture the comparison.

How might i do this better?

thank you guys, i owe anyone who can help on this one a biiig thank you.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
You could open each file in turn in Excel, and add a column with the file date. Then consolidate all to a single sheet with a header row, sort by order number, and then remove duplicates where order number and delivery date are the same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back