How to double click on a cell and go to another sheet and auto filter the data

pkunche

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I have no VBA knowledge and I am in need of a lot of help. I will try to explain my scenario as clearly as possible.

Scenario:
I have 1 workbook with 6 worksheets:

• Worksheet 1 name is Overview
  • The Overview will list a bunch of goals in Columns D, E, and F. I would like the cells in these columns to be clickable.
  • Worksheet 2-6 are named Workforce, Access, Affordability, Quality, and Infrastructure)
  • These 5 sheets contain lists of projects that relate to the goals in the Overview sheet.
Objective:
The Overview sheet is meant for the front end user. Ideally, when someone clicks on a cell in the Overview sheet looking into a specific goal, it would jump the user to one of the other 5 worksheets and automatically filter the data to list all the projects that relate to that goal.

Note: One project can relate to multiple goals on the Overview sheet. Because the projects can relate to multiple goals, column A in the 5 other sheets are coded to list which goal they relate to. For example, lets say I attribute the code G1 to Goal 1 and G2 to Goal 2 in the Overview sheet. In the Workforce sheet a project that applies to both these goals would have the text “G1, G2” in the cell.

Ideally, the filter would look only in column A of the other worksheets and use the “Contains…” text filter criteria to search for the code and filter by that. So when someone double clicks on Goal 2 in the Overview sheet, it will jump them to the Workforce sheet and filter out all rows that have the code G2 in column A. In another scenario, someone may double click on Goal 6 and it will jump them to the Access sheet and filter out all rows that have the G6 code in column A.

Can this be done? Can you help me?

Thank you for any insight and help that the community can provide.

-Regards, Pam

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I just wanted to reply to the message to bump it back up. Please if anyone could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back